Friday, April 8, 2011

My review of "Black Swan"

First if you haven't seen this and are planning on this then don't read it unless you don't care!: Ok, so I saw the movie Black Swan last night and I have to say it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen. It has some cringing, weird and risque parts but overall the plot line was really well done. Going into the movie I forgot that it was rated 'R', so I was suprised that there was a lot of vulgarity for what seemed a classy movie about ballet. I was also shocked that there was a lot of sex in this movie because you would think this movie is just about a woman trying to get the lead role in a famous ballet (Swan Lake). I mean, I don't mind but when I looked around there were semi-old people in the theater and I started laughing because they probably felt uncomfortable watching it with other people in the room. This is a psychological thriller which is why sometimes one thing would happen but in reality nothing did happen or it happened another way. I don't know how to explain it, you'd have to see it for yourself. I think my favorite part was when the ballet was finally taking place and Natalie Portman's character's arms transformed into those of the black swans wings. The end of the movie just blew me away because throughout the whole movie N.P.'s character wanted to be perfect and all she said at the end was "I am perfect" while dying at the end of the ballet.I am definitely going to go to target to buy this movie when I have the chance, although if my mom asks me to watch it with her I'll be like "No thanks mom...I'm ok".I would reccommend others to see this movie, it is just utterly amazing and jaw dropping!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this movie and I also thought it was really well done. I have to agree that I also forgot it was rate R when it started, I was so confused when they asked for my I.D. when I got there. I also will not be watching this movie with a parent, slightly awkward. It has a great story line that you can get sucked into and you actually have to think about what's happening which is sometimes difficult. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete