Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Best Meal I Ever Had

This post was assigned to me by Zach. He wanted me to write about the best meal that I have ever had in "captain's log" form. By the way it's a true story, just spiced up. So here it is:

(8:01): May 5th Captains Log.
I have just discovered the best meal that I have ever had in a place that I must admit have never been to. The place I am talking about is Chili's. When I ventured out to this fine establishment I had a little trouble finding a parking spot because I did not know that this resteraunt was quite popular. As I approached the doors two hosts opened them for me, and I immediately knew this was the place for me.

I was a little disappointed in my table though because instead of getting a booth like I always want, I was given some small half a table spot. Maybe that was because I only had one companion with me, my second mate. Right when we were seated our waiter who was tall and creeperish asked us if we wanted chips and salsa and our drinks. As he walked away I started flipping through the menu and found the most delicious looking sandwich I had ever seen. It was a ham and cheese sandwich with texas toast, honey ham, mayo, and swiss cheese. I knew at that moment that that is what I wanted to eat, and when our waiter came back I demanded for that sandwich.

A few minutes passed by as we waited for our food and while I was waiting for my awesome sandwich I pondered what it would taste like. Would it taste like Heaven? or would it taste like complete and total crap? I soon found my answer when my waiter brought me my dinner. It smelled so amazing and was very warm and heafty with ham. I took it up into my hands and then proceeded to take a bite and let me tell you that first bite was so amazingly awesome that I was jumping in my seat. Everything in the sandwich blended together and when I pulled away to chew the portion I had taken, the cheese would still be attached to the sandwich never wanting to part with it.

After I ate the whole sandwich (and fries that came with it) I felt like my stomach had expanded by a margin. Never before had I ate something like that sandwich. Everything about it was inviting and I would guarantee that I would go back to Chili's soon to eat it again. Now I know what my favorite destination is on 27th Street is.

2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Chili's, but after hearing this I think I want to go. If you think that sandwich was really that good, then I think I know what I will be ordering the first time I go there! Thank you for sharing you delicious meal with us Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, heafty with ham indeed! Loved the stand point you took and how it actually was convicing, therefor, nice word choice. Totally diggin' it.

    ReplyDelete